12.12.09

goodbyes are not forever

Two more days and I am leaving on an airplane. Weekend was very tiring. I was very busy packing and organizing my luggage. I prayed for this day to come and now that I am two days away from my departure, I can't seem to defy this feeling of confusion. Have you ever wanted something sooo badly (I wanted to leave) and when you finally got it you wanted to just run away (that’s me feeling sad for leaving)? That’s exactly what I feel everytime I hug friends goodbye. I tell everyone things are all set when I haven’t even called the cargo guy to pick up my boxes. My luggage is still empty.

Doha, Qatar was my home for almost two years. My first six months were especially long and cold. Lots of major things happened during that length of time (that’s a tale for another day). I even remember calling mom, my eyes swollen and my mouth babbling “COME FETCH ME!”

And then came friends. .social work.. more friends.. civic groups..connections..chorale..dear friends..online community..a huge family..

When you get close to people and you invest time and feelings with them, you don’t treat them as friends..they become your family. And during my entire stay here in Doha, I have come to know some of the best people I could ever find. I am sooo lucky having met these people and having learnt a lot of things from them.

I’ll surely miss the place. And I will especially miss the people. My next entry will be a photo blog of faces who I met here, places I have gone to, experiences I wouldn’t exchange a penny for, and friends who are very dear to me.

Goodbyes are not forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love to hear what's at the back of your head...go spill!